Shopping Cart0 item(s) - $0.00
Picture Porter Advanced
Picture Porter Advanced is a versatile portable digital photo backup and storage device.
Picture Porter Advanced at a Glance:
- High capacity portable photo manager for photo backup, viewing, storage, and organization
- Available with traditional Hard Disk Drives (HDD) or solid State Drives (SSD) up to 1TB in capacity
- Essential photo backup device for Professionals on a shoot and Vacationers at exotic destinations
- Directly copy from SD, microSD, CF cards and USB Flash Drives
- Make Second backup to external USB Hard Drive with USB-OTG/Host connection
- Functions as external hard drive when connected to Windows & Mac computers
- Supports RAW image viewing from select DSLR models
Backup, View, Store, and Manage - Digital Photos Anywhere, Anytime
Picture Porter Advanced is the perfect backup device for professional photographers on location or vacationers going to faraway places, Picture Porter Advanced is a compact, highly functional, easy-to-carry portable digital photo manager.
Designed with a 5" color TFT-LCD screen and high capacity internal storage up to 1TB in capacity, Picture Porter Advanced will be able to handle any digital photo backup task.
Quick startup time makes it convenient to turn on and get started using Picture Porter Advanced in any setting.
Digital camera memory cards can be connected directly using dedicated slots for SD, microSD, and CF cards. USB Flash Drives as well as external USB hard drives can also be connected. For added flexibility, there is a second SD card slot that fits entirely within the device.
The Folder View navigation allows for quick access to view photos that have been backed up or directly from memory cards and other connected memory devices.
Additional features including Slideshow, Music and Video player, File Management, Selection, Export, MusicBox, Playlist, PhotoMemo®, Video Record, and Audio Record combine to make Picture Porter Advanced a versatile tool every photographer will appreciate.
Easy Portability & Large Storage Capacity
Measuring less than 7" x 4" and under 1" thick, Picture Porter Advanced provides a very small form factor that holds 500GB up to 1 TB of storage capacity. Together with its 5" screen there is no other stand-alone, high-capacity photo manager device like it.
Unlike a notebook computer which is much larger and easily identified as a high value target for theft, Picture Porter Advanced is small enough to fit inside a camera bag or carry-on bag for safe, light-weight, and secure transport. Paired together with a Smartphone or Tablet for voice, email and Internet communications, using Picture Porter Advanced for photo backup, storage, and basic file management eliminates the need to carry a notebook computer.
Backup directly from SD, microSD, and CF cards
Opening the protective rubber cover at the top of the device reveals a bank of memory card connectors for easy connection and data communication to back up the contents of the memory card to Picture Porter Advanced. SD and microSD* cards, supporting all formats including SD, SDHC, and SDXC, and CF cards, including support for UDMA formats, can be used.
* Note that only one SD or microSD can be inserted in these slots at any time. A secondary SD card slot is available when both an SD card and microSD card need to be connected simultaneously.
The Backup Options dialogue box provides a set of choices including accept default name for folder to be created for quick action, rename folder for to add important details, and select existing folder to perform incremental backup. The default folder name details the year-month-day, memory card type, and sequence number for easy identification and retrieval.
With the convenience of multiple memory card format support, it's easy to backup photos from different cameras in group situations.
Incremental Backup Convenience
Using the incremental backup option allows photos from the memory card to be copied to an existing backup folder. In this process, photos on the memory card that have already been copied to the selected folder will be skipped and only the new or altered photos will be copied. This allows for new photos to be added to the memory card after doing a backup without having to back-up the entire card to a new folder and duplicating photos in the next backup.
Support for USB Storage Devices
Picture Porter Advanced supports USB-Host function that allows it to access data on connected USB storage devices. This includes both USB Flash Drives and External USB Hard Drives*. This feature adds flexibility in providing a method to make secondary backups for increased data integrity or for easy sharing and distribution.
* Note that special consideration must be taken to ensure that the USB Hard Drive can receive sufficient power to operate properly. Different USB Hard Drive have different requirements and not all models will be supported.
Folder View Navigation
Folder View provides the basic navigation to view files and folders on Picture Porter Advanced. It is used to view the contents of files and folders stored on Picture Porter Advanced or on any connected memory device.
For added convenience, the range of viewing options provided include Thumbnail View from smaller to larger thumbnails for quick review and search, List View that shows basic photo EXIF information, and Full Screen View for more careful review.
Selection and File Management functions are also accessible in Folder View.
The File Management functions available in Folder View include (Create) New Folder, Rename, Paste, Copy, Export, Delete, and Add to Playlist. These functions can be applied to individual files/folders, or a selection of files/folders when using the Selection Mode to select multiple files/folders.
With its quick startup time, easy navigation, and these basic file management features, Picture Porter Advanced becomes a valuable timesaver by integrating into the photo workflow. Picture Porter Advanced can be used, in the taxi, at the airport, or in the plane, and just about any situation a few minutes of downtime becomes available.
The Playlist feature allows for an unlimited number of unique collections that can contain photos, videos, and music to be created on Picture Porter Advanced. The files in the Playlist are selected from the files stored on Picture Porter Advanced. The Playlist playback order can be organized in a specific, desired sequence. Adding and removing files from a Playlist is easily done. For quick and easy sharing, the original files of the Playlist can be copied to a separate folder or external memory device using the Export function.
The PhotoMemo feature allows audio recordings to be paired with individual photos to be played back with the photo. Using the onboard microphone or with an external microphone, it's simple to record greetings, instructions, or descriptions to individual photos. These PhotoMemo recordings can be set to automatically be played with each photo in a photo Slideshow, or they can be manually chosen to playback when the photos are viewed in Full Screen Photo View. PhotoMemo recordings can be quickly removed or re-recorded.
The Video Record feature allows for live video sources to be recorded to a digital video file. The recorded file will be 640x480 pixel resolution MPEG-4 files at 30 frames per second. The video sources can be from composite or component video input connections.
The Audio Record feature allows for audio memo recordings to be saved as digital audio files. This can be used to make notations or reminders or to record live audio sources like speeches or wildlife sounds. The recordings can be made through the onboard microphone or with an external microphone.
Displaying Photos with Comments
When displaying photos that have text comments embedded in the photo file, Picture Porter Advanced can display this text as an overlay across the photo in Full Screen Photo View and Slideshow. This function will support the text comments method used by most online photo websites as well as photo organizer software.
RAW Image Viewing, EXIF, Histogram, IPTC, and Zoom
For advanced users, Picture Porter Advanced supports RAW image display from select DSLR models, EXIF information display, Luminance Histogram display, IPTC information, and photo zooming.
Display to Large Screen TV or Monitor
To share the Picture Porter Advanced display in a structured group setting, it can be connected to a large screen TV or monitor using various video outputs. When connected, the display of Picture Porter Advanced will be transferred to the connected screen.
User-removable and Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
The battery used in Picture Porter Advanced is a Li-Ion battery with 3700mAh capacity at 3.7V. A single full battery is able to copy approximately 120GB when using CF card and 76GB when using SD cards. It will be able to playback photos, videos, and music for about 4.7 to 4 hours depending on the type of storage device used.
The Picture Porter Advanced battery is user accessible, so when necessary, it is possible to bring additional batteries for long periods without access to recharge the battery.
On very long trips in remote areas, it is also possible to power Picture Porter Advanced using an external battery pack with a minimum of 5V/2A output. The USB-to-DC cable that comes with Picture Porter Advanced can directly plug into the output of the USB external battery pack.
Doubles as an External Hard Drive
When connected to a Windows or Mac OS computer, Picture Porter Advanced will be recognized by the computer as an external hard drive. Once recognized and connected, it's possible to copy files between the computer hard drive and Picture Porter Advanced.
- Easy to use menu-driven, memory card backup
- 5" Color LCD screen for navigation, photo viewing, and video and music playback
- Built-in card slots for instant photo backup from memory cards
- Memory card support for SD and microSD for SD / SDHC / SDXC formats and CF including UDMA
- RAW image viewing (zoom, EXIF, histogram) from DSLRs - View supported RAW format
- Fast copy speed - 1 GB in under 90 seconds
- Bi-directional data transfer that allows direct transfer to and from memory cards
- Incremental backup option lets you append new photos to an existing folder in the Backup Directory
- Digital audio recorder with built-in mic
- Image format support for JPEG, Tiff, BMP, GIF, RAW
- Music format support for MP3, WMA, AAC
- Video format support for MPEG-1, MPEG-4 SP, MJPEG
- USB 2.0 for data transfer to and from computer
- Supports IPTC information viewing
- Advanced file management features: New Folder, Copy, Rename, Delete, and Export
- Selection mode allows selection of multiple items
- Create and edit playlists directly on device
- USB-host function: connect to USB devices such as USB flash drives and external hard drives
- Removable Li-Ion battery rechargeable via USB or AC
- Audio & video player with built-in speaker & earphone jack
- Compatible with Windows and Mac OS and recognized as external hard drive
- Dimensions: 6.7" (L) x 3.9" (W) x 1.0" (H) [169x98x26 mm)
- Weight: 15 oz. (with hard drive and battery)
What's in the Box
- Picture Porter Advanced
- Neoprene Carry Case with Velcro pocket
- Wrist strap
- Li-Ion battery (3700mAh @ 3.7V [13.7Wh])
- AC adapter with USB output port (5V/2.4A, 12W max.)
- USB-to-DC Jack cable (for AC adapter)
- microUSB/B to USB/A cable (for computer)
- microHDMI/D to HDMI/A cable (for TV/monitor)
- Component video cable (RCA-x3 to 3.5mm jack)
- Composite video cable (RCA-x1 to 3.5mm jack)
- Audio cable (RCA-x2 to 3.5mm jack)
- Earphones (3.5mm jack)
- User Guide
|Display||5" TFT-LCD with 800x480 pixel resolution - viewing area 4.3" x 2.6" (108 x 65 mm)|
|Capacity||HDD - 500GB, 1TB / SSD - 250GB, 500GB, 1TB|
|Copy Speed||CF - 1GB in 1.2 min / SD - 1GB in 2.2 min|
|Memory cards supported||CF (including UDMA), SD and microSD (including SD / SDHC / SDXC)|
|Copy status indicator||Capacity to copy, Percentage completed, Copy confirmation, Copy speed, Number of files copied|
|Photo viewing options||Full screen view, Zoom, Pan, Rotate, Thumbnail view, EXIF & Histogram display, Slideshow in manual or automated progression, Slideshow in sequence or random order, Slideshow Music option, IPTC information viewing, IPTC description display as comment on photo, Slideshow from Playlist, PhotoMemo|
|Computer interface||USB 2.0 (with micoUSB connector)|
|File management features||Copy, Cut, Paste, Rename, Delete, Export, Create new folder, Selection for multiple items, Add to Playlist|
|Playlist management||New Playlist, Duplicate, Rename, Export, Delete, Change slideshow playback sequence|
|USB device interface||USB storage devices formatted in FAT, FAT32, or exFAT (* Special power conditions required to support USB powered HDD)|
|Music/video format support||Music: AAC, MP3, WAV / Video: AVC/H.264 (.MTS) up to 720p/30fps, H.264 (.MP4) @ 720p/30fps|
|Use as portable hard drive to back up computer data||Yes|
|Battery life||3700mAh @ 3.7V / 4 hours charging time empty to full / Copy to device: 120GB from CF card, 76GB from SD card / Slideshow playback: 3.5 hours using HDD, 4 hours using SSD, 4.7 hours using Internal SD|
|Power input||Input 100-240V AC to Output 5V/2.4A DC (with USB port output)|
|OS compatibility||Windows & Mac OS (using industry standard USB Mass Storage Device driver)|
|File system||FAT 32|